Friday, December 23, 2011

This Time of Year

As you've noticed, I have not been as consistent in the last month or so. As my university duties and our new baby have demanded more and more attention, it's been tougher to find time to write. I've posted before about the integrity of focusing on work tasks while you're at work, and so I've been trying to write a week's worth of posts every Tuesday evening. There have been a few weeks where that didn't work out.

Part of the issue is the tension between writing something and writing something worth reading. My original goal was to use this blog as a place to keep notes on how the Bible talks about work. I finished that task months ago. Since then, I've been writing more reflections on passages as they relate to the work context. But when Tuesday evenings roll around, it's easy to wonder "what am I going to write about now?"

With the holidays, I'm taking next week off. I plan to be back on January 4th with more posts. And as Wednesday's post shows, if you have ideas, feel free to send them to me. I'll see you in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment